Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Running Revolt

I almost revolted against running yesterday myself!  Chambers is zero fun to run in the wind and rain.  Amazing views of the sound, but when it's cruddy it's twice as bad because all that weather and wind is coming right off the water.  It's one of the few places the rain hits your face so hard it stings.  But, the top part is flat and makes for easier stroller running.  Funny thing though, when it's windy there it must be a swirling type of wind because no matter what direction you run it feels like your running into it.

Usually Sky is all about the running and happy I'm taking her with me.  However, she is almost 3 and flexing her muscle a bit, or trying to at least.  Monday's are not normally a running day around here, and Sky knows it, but Elya is traveling and we wanted to get in one last run before she left.  

It didn't help that it was right after nap time (so excited she took her nap!) she is all about the cuddling after nap time, and not being rushed out the door.  Apparently she is made of sugar because when she saw the rain she started saying, "she no get wet" (yes she refers to herself as she), not even the prospect of puddle jumping was helping.  The only thing that got her into the car peacefully was the promise of a fun surprise in the stroller if she listened to Mommy and didn't have a fit. 

Thank goodness for the Nabi!  She doesn't get to use it often enough that it's a habit, so it's still super exciting and special to her.  I didn't know it had Rio on it, but Sky knows her way around tot technology, she had that thing on, and the movie playing within seconds of getting settled in the stroller.

  In the car on the way home...was raining too hard to take a stroller pic and get my phone wet.

Then as an extra bonus we drove home the back way in the hopes of seeing a train, which we did!  Our timing was perfect because there is a big parking lot right next to the tracks and we got there in time to see the engine come past us and get a wave from the engineer (is that what you call a train driver?).

If it's raining and windy in April for the 1/2 I guess we will be ready!  I did discover though that my running jacket is not the least bit water proof...I was soaked through all 3 layers, and cold, really cold. I'm sort of surprised it took me this long to realize it's not water proof given how often I run in the rain.  

How do you warm up after a cold run?
Warm shower, followed by sweats/slippers, and something hot to drink!
 

  


No comments: