Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Evening Run

Michelle and I ran tonight, for me it's the first run in over a month...yep I know I have been slacking. But, in my defense I have been doing P90X and a 90 day Tracy Anderson Program, plus walking Chambers Bay golf course at least once if not twice a week.

But tonight's run kicked my ass. It was hot, my legs were already incredible sore from P90X Yoga, (yep that's right 1:20 minutes of Yoga that killed my legs and fired up my core), and I have not been running as often as I should.

So I paid for it tonight. Lesson learned, I must run even when I don't have a race right around the corner. I now know that I need a race a month because if I don't feel like I have something imminent to train for I am not all that motivated to run.

It's strange because I miss running when I don't stick to a regular schedule and it makes my sort of crazy to not be running, but at the same time Sky is great motivation for just staying at home and taking a nice easy walk with her instead. I need to get over that quick...oh I should so start running with her! That is why I registered for the jogging stroller after all. A little light bulb moment!

My next race is 9/17...http://www.runwenatchee.com/riverrun2011/

I'm supper excited to run this race with my Dad and for the Brooks shirts we will get when we finish!!!

So that is my motivation for now.

October will be a busy race month for me, but more on that once I have registered officially.

No comments: