Monday, December 9, 2013

adidas Glide Boost Review

Happy Monday everyone!  

A few weeks ago I was able to test run a pair of the adidas Glide Boost shoes. I've been pretty vocal about my adidas Energry Boost love affair, you can read about it HERE and HERE among all the other mentions in posts, so I was really excited to give this new Boost family member a go!

 Retails for $130
The Technical Info:

Revolutionary Feel – Endless Energy
  • Revolutionary BOOST non-foam midsole developed by adidas Innovative Technology (aIT) which provides a soft comfort and responsive performance unachievable with EVA. BOOST retains its responsiveness far better over the life of the shoe than EVA midsoles.
  • EVA cradle sits against the foot in heal to give a more structured feel compared to Energy
  • Engineered mesh upper adapts to all foot and is Wider 
  • CONTINENTAL RUBBER for 21% better traction in dry conditions and 23% better in wet.
  • TORSION SYSTEM designed to aid smooth transition from midfoot stance to forefoot push-off.
  • Longitudinal decoupling of blow rubber in forefoot allows the foot to move as nature intended.
Tech
  • 31/21mm stack heights
  • Women’s 8.8oz, Men’s 10.4oz
  • 110/64/88mm bottom nets (men’s size 9)
  • NEUTRAL COMFORT SILO
Bold bullets are the major differences I noticed between the Glide Boost and Energy Boost.

I love this color combo, the black with raspberry pink laces is totally my thing! Photo credit to Michelle Beckham!

My initial reaction to putting them on was how solid they felt.  They feel firm and sturdy, which is a good thing since it was designed to provide a more structured feel.  I liked the mesh upper, and that there was plenty of room for your foot in there.  As already mentioned I loved the color combo, especially with the outfit I had on, it was a perfect match!  

So, how did they feel on the run?  They have a nice rebound when pushing off the pavement, like they are providing a little extra oomph to your legs.  I liked the sturdier feel, it gave me confidence in my landing and that I wasn't going to roll an ankle or anything.  My hips, knees, and ankles felt aligned and good on impact, zero hot spots/blister issues with my feet (yes I get blisters on 3 mile runs if I'm in the wrong shoes!), and it felt like I was getting a good mid-foot strike without having to think about it too much.

I feel like the Glide Boost is closer to the type of shoe I typically get fit into, and in comparison to similar types of shoes that I have, I for sure like the Glide Boost better.  It's just really hard to beat the Boost material and how much pep it adds to your legs!  

However, I have to say the Energy Boost still has my heart!  It has more of the Boost material than the Glide does, and I could totally feel the difference on the run.  I also really like the sleek design of the Energy Boost Techfit upper.  There is just enough there to fit the foot perfectly yet still provide the technology and performance you want.  They just feel lighter and faster, and that spring off the pavement is where it's at for me!  

My one and only running shoe true love!  adidas Energy Boost

The differences between the two that I notice the most: 
  • The Energy Boost is 0.6 oz lighter than the Glide Boost (While the Glide felt heavy on the run I think it was my sick legs that felt heavy...want to see how they feel when I'm healthy!).
  • Energy Boost has the four-way stretch Techfit upper and Glide Boost has the mesh upper
  • And the biggest difference is the amount of Boost material, the Energy has more than the Glide
Even though I'm an Energy Boost lover I wouldn't rule the Glide Boost out.  It's nice to have the different types of shoes to rotate, and for some runs a different shoe is nice/helpful depending on the goals for the run.

If you're Boost curious hit up your local running store (in the Tacoma area Fleet Feet Tacoma!!!) and try them on!  Find out if there is going to be an adidas group run and give em a go! 

Let me know if you have any questions about any of the adidas Boost shoes.  I'm happy to get answers for you or connect you with Kelli!     

Disclaimer - I was not asked by adidas or Fleet Feet to post about the shoes.  The opinions are completely my own and I decided to post about them because I wanted to.  I did ask Kelli (adidas rep) for some technical info, so that I could provide accurate information, but other than that there has been no other input on this post.    

No comments: