Monday, July 28, 2014

Weekend Re-Cap / Life is Back to Normal

Happy Monday to everyone!  I hope it's been a kind one!

I kind of feel a little pressure to get our life, house, errands etc back on track this week.  We have been gone every single weekend this month!  Two of those weekends were not planned either.  With all the unexpected travel I haven't done "real" grocery shopping in a very long time.  Nor have I made dentists appointments, Dr. appointments, cleaned the house...you get the idea.  I have been doing the minimum to keep things going (unpacking doing laundry and repacking over and over) and getting my training runs done, and as a result it's all caught up with us now.

I sort of love being home though and doing the normal every stuff, and it feels good to be getting back to normal and getting things done!  

I finally had time for a hair cut last week and boy oh boy was I over due!  It may not look a ton different, but the real beauty of this cut is when I let it air dry...it's has the perfect, no effort beach waves cut into the style, so it looks amazing with zero effort!  (We won't talk about the fact that I got rear ended again on the way to the hair cut...thankfully Sky and I are fine!  Thankfully it's wasn't more serious because they hit us and took off...karma...that's all I have to say).


This is the blown out version of the below style/pic my stylist worked off of!  Once again El did an amazing job, and was able to take all the heavy stuff off thankfully!
I let it air dry camping, and it looks pretty great if I do say so myself!  El get's all the credit, she's the one that makes it look good!

Friday started with my last "real" run before race day.  I got up and got 8 miles in and felt great doing it!  This week I have two 3 mile runs planned and then I'm resting until Sat.  Saturday races feel strange to me, but it's kinda nice to have Sunday to lay around and recover.



After that it was time for a weekend of camping on the coast.  It's always dicey camping on the WA Coast even in the summer, but we got so lucky with clear sunny days and a slight breeze that was perfect for keeping it from getting to hot!

 Sky and I waited around for Mark to finish work for the day and she was so over the top excited when it was finally time to get to camping!  This girl loves camping!  Out of the blue, twice today, she has said "Thank you mommy for the camping"!

 Climbing trees!  

 We were so not prepared for her to play in the ocean, we had no extra clothes, nor did we have any of the dishes/silverware needed for lunch either, but we made it work and had a lovely lunch on the beach!

Watching the kiddos play in the waves, I could do this all day!

 The girls coloring in trailer.  It's nice that each family has a trailer because the kids end up in one, usually ours since it's smaller and less stuff to get into, and the adults can visit in the other one, but with both doors open and facing each other we always know what they are up to.

 She wakes up super cuddly when we are camping!


Who's walking who?

Thankfully Michelle's Mom came up to camp and watched the kiddo's so we could sneak away for wine tasting and silliness at The Westport Winery.  If you are ever in the area check them out!  One of the few that let's you wander the grounds at will, and they set up ton's of outdoor seating, games, and entertainment to enjoy while strolling the vineyards drinking wine. 


The sunset was really amazing!


 My two favorite people taking a sunset walk. 



Sadly that glass of wine ended up getting kicked out of my hand, down the front of me, and (I have no idea how this happened) all down the inside as well.  I had wine in my belly button.  I was not a happy camper, mostly because I was worried about getting the wine out.  I ended up having to toss a few items, but the rest washed out with some Wine Away.  I learned that Wine Away needs to be a staple in the camping trailer, and not to drink and snuggle with a tired 3 year old at the same time.


Michelle and I enjoying the sunset.

This trip was timed perfectly!  This month has been crazy with travel, car issues, getting hit twice, Grandpa passing, the stress of trying to potty train a tot that want's nothing to do with it yet must be potty trained before pre-school starts, being away from home every weekend (I really like being home!) among other things.  It all sort of hit me, and getting away with good friends for the weekend and just relaxing and having fun was exactly what I needed.  I feel recharged and ready to take on the rest of summer! 

----------------------

How do you recharge when life gets crazy?

No comments: