Sunday, June 5, 2011

Conversation with Grace

Mark and I BBQ'd at Bob and Michelle's yesterday. It was a wonderful sunny afternoon after Relay and it was so nice to kick back and relax with them.

In typical Sky fashion she was sleepy and I put her down on Bob and Michelle's bed since we were outside in the sun and I didn't want her to get a burn.

After a few minutes Grace comes outside because Sky had been crying and I couldn't hear her outside.

Grace: Um Jen Shannon is crying.

Me: She is? Ok I will come in. (Grace follows me into the bedroom).

Grace: I heard her crying and crying and thought you were in here taking care of her. I don't know why you were not here and she was all alone.

And that is how I was scolded by a 4 year old about how I'm caring, or in her mind not caring, for my baby.

No comments: