Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Dear Sky



15 Months ago I saw your beautiful face for the very first time and fell head over heals in love with you!

To you my lovely little girl I say, I See You!

My heart understands your heart.  I know deep down in my soul how your little mind works. 

Of all the babies in the world you are the only baby meant to be my daughter.

My little miss sassy, stubborn, fiercely independent, girl who wants to do it all by herself, get's pissed when she can't do it by herself, won't ask for help, get's mad when the help is offered, get's mad when the help isn't offered, thinks she knows all she needs to already, hates having to admit she needs help or doesn't know the answer.

Sweet little lady I get you. 

More importantly I LOVE you.  Your heart and spirit speak to mine.  You were meant to be my daughter and I was so meant to be your mommy.

I'm so thankful things worked out like they did.

I understand that you are going to need the freedom to figure out things for yourself even if that means doing it wrong until you figure out what's right.  For now that means letting you wonder off and explore at the park.  You don't want my help playing on the toys or exploring the boundaries.  You need to see just how far you can get before Mommy drags  you back within range.  I love that you want to walk off by yourself and see things and explore for yourself.

I love it to when you come back to me, touch base and then wonder off again.  You need the freedom, and the assurance that you will be given the freedom.  I get it, I totally get it.

Please remember that the adults in your life love you and only offer help to make your life easy.  It's a hard road your spirit has chosen for you, believe me I know.  Sometimes the sassy stubbornness won't serve you well and will make things so much harder than they need to be.

I hope I can help you learn to listen when it's needed yet give you the space to learn and make mistakes, and humbly enjoy when your right.  

I love you so much little girl, and I love being you mommy!  The last 15 months have been so much fun, and I can't wait to see what happens next!

No comments: