Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Wii Wackers and Another Package for Sky

I have been kind of out of it the last few days not feeling well, but am back to normal today!

I so wanted to have photos to go with the post today, but for some reason the computer will not read the memory card from the camera, so the photos will have to follow at some point (I hope!).

We had a nice weekend, aside from me not feeling well Sunday.

Friday - My car was in the shop and I had a headache all day, but I came home to find two boxes addressed to Miss Sky Yeatman from Grandma! Mark and I had a lot of fun opening the gifts she sent. Mom made two beautiful blankets, two hats, found some adorable onesies, leggings, and receiving blankets that all match, and got us started with a great book collection for Sky. It is so fun seeing all this baby stuff...now we just need the baby!

Saturday - We went to Nolan and Michelle's for dinner and a little Wii time. I think Koltan is finally getting used to us because after a 1/2 hour or so he was all smiles and crawling over to Mark and I. He is so cute! Michelle and I teamed up for a Wii bowling battle with the guys. We were so good we decided we needed a team name and came up with Wii Wackers. We beat them both games and then moved on to some carnival type games. The food was good, the watermelon martini's were great, and we had a lot of fun playing some entertaining Wii games.

Sunday - Spent the day on the couch sick, no not from the watermelon martini's! Watched the Pro Bowl and some other random TV and that was about it.

I did discover a new favorite recipe - Mark and I both loved it and ate all the leftovers!

Spaghetti with Sweet Potatoes and Ricotta
12 oz spaghetti (3/4 box)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 small sweet potatoes (about 1 lb), cut into 1/2 inch pieces
Kosher salt and black pepper
2 shallots, sliced
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 oz)
1/3 cup ricotta

Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.

Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Add the shallots and rosemary and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, 3 to 5 minutes.

Toss the pasta with the potato mixture, Parmesan, and the reserved cooking water. Dollop with the ricotta before serving.

Very simple, but very yummy and a good quick work night dinner.

No comments: