Tuesday, May 17, 2011

60 Years of Love

A few weekends ago Mark and I headed over to E WA to celebrate my Grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. I was excited for a couple of reasons. One, because 60 years is a big deal! Two, because I knew I was going to see family that I have not seen since I was a kid, and I couldn't wait!

We had beautiful weather, wonderful food (best brisket I have EVER had period!), and got to spend time visiting back at the house with some people that will always have a special place in my heart.

I can't even begin to tell you how much fun I had helping in the kitchen. Judy and Linda know what they are doing when it comes to food, and being in the kitchen with them making all the food, listening to stories, and hearing all the ribbing back and forth was a highlight for me!


Grandpa and Grandma reading their cards with a little help from Val.


This was just the fruit and cheese table...there was SO MUCH food!


Grandma and her sister Helen.



Me with my cousin Jeff and his son. I don't remember the last time I saw Jeff, and it was really nice to spend time with him and his wife and children. Lot's of catching up to do!


Me and my cousin Sarah! It has been forever since we have seen each other. For a few years growing up my sister and I got to spend weeks during the summer playing at Grandpa and Grandma's with Sarah and her brothers. Sarah and I wrote to each other for years, and then you know how life does...you get busy, get married/divorced, have kids, move a few times and lose touch.


I had so much fun talking with Sarah and her brothers Israel, Judah and their wives. We got to catch up with each other, exchange numbers, friend each other on FB, and like Israel said it is a shame to not stay in touch. They live 4 hours from Kennewick and I live 4 hours...it's the perfect middle ground to stay in touch and Grandpa and Grandma LOVE having family around. We just have to make it happen.


It was the first time Mark had a chance to meet a lot of my family and he really enjoyed it and fit right in. I sort of abandon him while I was working in the kitchen, but every time I looked around for him he was talking away with Judah or Israel or taking photos.


It was a beautiful weekend of celebrating love and family. I'm really glad we got to be part of it.










No comments: