Friday, July 1, 2011

Lord Hill Trail Run

Michelle and I have our first 5 mile race tomorrow. I love that it is a trail run, I get way less bored on trail runs.

I'm going into this race without having had a full nights sleep in over a month, a serious lack of training runs, and not nearly as much cardio as I'm used to.

I have however had my pre-race massage's. Yes two of them. One to work on chronic hip pain the other one was today and was a little more than a feel good massage but not the usual deep tissue painful experience I usually go through.

I'm going in to this confident that I'm able to run 5 miles...we did over 6 a week or two ago...and I'm determined to run the entire way.

However, I'm also willing to cut myself some slack tomorrow. I have been a bit busy with a new baby and that sort of turned things upside down for a bit, and I'm supper tired. So while I will give it my all tomorrow, my all may not be what it used to be. No matter what happens I will enjoy the sun, the trails, and the awesome after race lunch being served.

No comments: