Sunday, July 8, 2012

Link Love

(Yes we are back safe and sound from a fun week of camping.  Pics etc to come later.)

There are not very many sports figures that I follow/endorse/am a fan of as an individual.  I may enjoy their skill or like them for always making that catch or scoring the points, but as people they are just as messed up (if not more so) than the next person and not worthy of being someone to look up to.  (As always speaking in general here.)

And, not that I look up to or think of him as a role model, but I am pretty impressed with Baron Batch, running back drafted by the Steelers last season.  He tore his ACL in training camp and missed all of last season.  To get through the disappointment of all that he started a blog.

He isn't perfect and has had to work hard to change some things about himself so he doesn't end up a rich young punk, and he has shared it all on his blog.  There has not been a single post I have not enjoyed.

Given all the "crap" out there on line it was nice to stumble across this blog.  Check it out:  http://baronbatch.com/blog/

I can't wait to see what he does in the NFL! 

No comments: