Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Scratching My Head...

...and no I don't have lice. 

Things I can't figure out:

1.  This whole potty training thing! 
 2nd morning this week I have had to strip the crib and wash everything because Sky took her diaper off in the middle of the night and peed freely in the crib. 

She hates her diapers, hates them.  Kicks and fights every time she needs to be changed.  Yet, no matter how long she sits on the potty and no matter how badly she wants an m&m she will not go potty in the big girl potty. 

Drastic measures tonight folks.  I'm putty her diaper on backwards, maybe she won't find the tabs to pull it off that way, and I'm cutting the feet off her footed pj's so I can put them on backwards as well and zip her into them.  No way she will figure out how to unzip them backwards! 

2.  Running logic! 

I think whoever made up negative splits and caused runners to strive for that has it all wrong.  It really doesn't make any sense.  The longer you run, and the more tired you are you should start running slower, not faster!  Really - oh man I'm tired, my legs hurt, I feel like I'm going to pass out, but must run each mile faster than the one before so I have negative splits.  Whatever. 

At least that's what I'm telling myself after seeing the splits for last night and this mornings runs!  Both would be perfect if they were backwards!  Not to mention it was only a 4 miler last night, should be manageable right?!  Oh well.  Ultimately I just want to finish my first 1/2 and have fun with Michelle while doing it, so the splits don't really matter.   

Last night:

Miles - Pace

1    -  9:09.4 1.00
2  - 9:37.1 1.00
3 - 10:03.2 1.00
4 - 10:04.3 1.00


This Morning: 

Miles - Pace

1 - 11:04.3 1.00
2 - 11:18.0 1.00  
3 - 11:29.9 1.00
 

No comments: