Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for the lovely ladies at Fleet Feet Sports Tacoma! 


I didn't want to post pics of them without permission, so went with the logo instead.
 

First - to Janna for talking me into coordinating the Tacoma stroller group.  I was 50% freaked out and 50% excited about it.  Turns out it has been one of the best things to happen to my running life.  I have made new running friends, and am becoming a faster and more confident runner!   

Second - to Jena, Liz, and Angela specifically.  There are a lot of reasons I'm thankful for you ladies, but the biggest reason is how amazing you three are with Sky.  (Not that everyone else at Fleet Feet isn't great with her...she just sees these ladies the most). 

It would be easy to not love having a very independent almost 2 year old running around the store when she has had enough of the stroller.  But, rather than be frustrated you get down on the floor with her and color, talk to her and show her new and different things. 

That means the world to me.  She is "stuck" with me all day every day, so for her personal growth it is so important to have interactions with others, and to see her become more and more comfortable with you over the months just makes me so happy! 

Closer to my heart though is building her love or running.  I will never push her to run, but I so hope she will love it!  And, when she is old enough, I hope she will want to run with me and with the run groups at the store.  Having the cool ladies at the running store pay attention to her will probably have more impact on her running future than all the miles she has logged with me.

It takes a village to raise a child, and you are playing in important role in building her potential running future.  Thank you so very much!  You are making a difference in our little part of the world! 

Future Runner....



  

No comments: