Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Horse Riding With Grandpa

Over the weekend Grandpa drove over from E WA specifically to go horse riding with Sky. Well, originally with Sky and I both, but with me being so sick I ended up bailing on the ride which Sky was happy about because she wanted Grandpa all to herself anyway.

He actually found a "mommy and me" ride in Woodinville, which Mark and I were happy with because it meant we got to sneak off for an unexpected "date" to wine taste while they rode horses BONUS!

Still having all sorts of issues with my pics. They are just not uploading the way they usually do. These are all grainy and unedited.


Sky on a real life My Little Pony Snickers. He took me back...looked similar to the pony I had as a little girl. Super sweet nature and Sky fell in love with him from the start.



Grandpa was on a horse named Tater and apparently he was a bit feisty that day. No match for Grandpa, but Sky is still talking about how fussy Tater was. The guy that was working that day was supposed to lead Sky while Grandpa rode along on his own, but it didn't take the guy long to realize Grandpa is a seasoned horseman so he left Grandpa too it, and the two of them got to ride for an hour by themselves. BTW - she did have a helmet, they were walking over to the bin to get one that would fit.

While they were doing that Mark and I were doing this..........



...seriously I love wine, and wine tasting, and unexpected Sky free time with Mark. It's just a nice treat!

It makes my heart happy that Sky and Grandpa got to ride horses together. I grew up on horses, and Dad grew up on horses, and Sky kept talking about "just me and Grandpa mommy, you no come". So I knew having time with him on her own was a big deal. Toss in a horse ride and she was over the moon, and hasn't stopped talking about it. "I had fun with my grandpa mommy" is what I'm hearing every few minutes every day.

A few other highlights from the weekend, bowling, lot's of treats, and Sky got fitted for her first official pair of running shoes.


She does this little dance and cheers for the ball all the way down the lane. It's stinking adorable! Girls got a pretty good bowling game going on. She almost beat Grandpa.




Asics...also Asics were my first pair of running shoes!



I didn't tell her Grandpa was coming mostly because I didn't want to hear about it forever before he got here. This was moments after seeing him and realizing he was here for a visit...she was beside herself with joy.

All in all it was a great weekend, and the extra bonus was Dad worked on my sinuses and I know it helped with the pressure I was dealing with. Thankfully by Tuesday evening I was feeling pretty great. 

Thank you Dad for coming over for a visit and making it so special for Sky! She loves you and hasn't stopped talking about you and the horse ride!

P.S. For some reason some of the pics started working. I also realized some of the setting on my camera had been changed so reset it. Pretty sure that's the issue. 

No comments: