Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Lets Go To The Moon

P.S. I'm having tech difficulties with my pictures from the weekend. They've been uploaded, but I can't access them for some reason. I will get the weekend adventure up as soon as I'm able! I know Grandpa is waiting to see it! :)

Sky has developed a fascination with space as of late. She has always been into the moon, spotting it as soon as it's up in the night sky and asking about why she can't see it in the middle of the day. I can't tell you how many times she looks out the picture window, sees the moon, and asks to go outside to look at it. We have spent a lot of time sitting on the hood of daddy's truck moon gazing. 

So it's not surprising to me she's all about the moon, and space, and rocket ships! I think this cool little sandbox toy she got really kicked it all off though. 


She loves playing with her "moon rocks" and astronauts, and the black sparkly sand just adds to the mystic of it all, and makes it super exciting. Not super exciting to clean up spills, but that's life with a 3 year old. 



Then Mark busted out this book from his childhood and now it's all she wants to read. But, she will only read it with Daddy. When I offer I get a dirty look and she wants to know when Daddy will be home. 

I think Miles From Tomorrow Land (Disney Cartoon) is adding to the space theme as well. Now she's asking if she can live on a rocket ship, live on the moon, and best of all "can we live on earth mommy"? When I tell her we do live on earth she gets mad and says, "no, I mean can we LIVE on earth"?! She's just a tad bit confused. We need to work on that, 

I think our next, and soon to happen, family adventure will be a trip to the museum of flight and maybe the science center see what space stuff they have to offer.

Loving this "When I was a kid I was an astronaut" stage she's in (again she's a little confused). She is so much fun! 



No comments: