Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Being Home Alone

I don't get to be home alone very often. Usually I'm the busy one with workout's, girls night out, or different events going on. And while I'm home more now than I was when I was on the Relay Leadership Team, I'm still the one that seems to be the most busy. While I'm off being busy Mark is doing his thing and is usually the one at home working in the garage or the yard and chilling with Bishop. So, when Mark goes hunting, or travels for work even though I miss him I actually really enjoy the "down" time and usually don't make a ton of plans so I can enjoy a quiet house. (The only thing I don't like...I don't sleep well, or sometimes at all when I'm alone).

It is nice to spend a whole day not doing anything other than what I want to do. I can lay on the couch and read all day, or watch chick flicks, or better yet watch college football all day Saturday and the NFL all day Sunday...that is a dream weekend for me!!! Actually a dream weekend would be watching college football Saturday and seeing ND win (yes Dad I'm still a big ND fan!) and then watching the NFL on Sunday and seeing the Steelers win! Now that would be a perfect weekend!

I have made the most of my time alone the last few days, not cooking dinners (I actually miss cooking fun new meals...just not as fun to do for one), not having much cleaning up to do in the kitchen or laundry to do and watching football, tennis, and golf. It has been a good few days. My alone time comes to and end tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to that as well.

I'm going to spend tomorrow night with Michelle and the girls and then it is just me and the girls Thursday through Sunday. I love Grace and Kiera and know I will have fun, but I am a little scared about getting the three of us out the door in the mornings and me to work on time. But, I'm sure I will figure it out and it will be good practice for when the adoption finally happens.

I'm spending my last night home alone getting caught up on my DVR'd shows, drinking beer, answering emails and getting caught up on some of the blogs I follow.

Before I know it Sunday will be here and Mark will be home! Hopefully with an elk!

2 comments:

popeye said...

Did you see the ND VS Michigan game last Sat? Nd scored with a couple of minutes left in the game to go ahead. Michigan came back and scored the winning TD with just seconds left to win. It was a game for the century. Yes, I was thinking of you and would have called except I was watching it in a Max security pod. The inmates had a lot of commissary bet on the outcome of the game and we darn near had a riot in the pod. Popeye

Unknown said...

Dad - I did see that game and was on the edge at the end. I still get so irritated when my team is losing that I yell at the TV etc...being home alone is good because no has to hear me except for Bishop who was not enjoying how vocal I was. He ended up curled up in a corner watching me out of the corner of his eye. :)