Sunday, September 12, 2010

Football Sunday's are back!!!

Anyone who knows me at all knows that I love Sunday's during football season. I love my routine of cooking breakfast, flipping back and forth between ESPN and Fox pregame shows, and staying in pj's all day and not taking a shower, from 8 am until 8:30 pm it is all football all day. I know, I know Mark asks if I'm really a guy every Sunday...pretty sure that I'm not! I look too cute in my pj's even without a shower to be a dude. :)

I switched things up this Sunday though so that I could watch the Steelers play with the fan club at Hooters. (Yes I took a shower and put on real cloths.) I had to see for myself how Dixon would handle the QB responsibility. I have been pretty vocal about who I think should start, and while I'm not ready to totally admit I could be wrong, I will say that I was pretty happy with how Dixon handled it. There were some mistakes, but overall he did well. There are some things he needs to work on, like throwing the ball too low repeatedly, but I think he has a lot of potential for sure.

So much potential that I don't see him being a back-up for long. Once Dixon settles down and has some experience under his belt he will be a starter somewhere in the NFL.

As for the fan club they made what could have been a boring game (considering the first TD came in OT for a Steelers win) an exciting game to watch.

Best part of the day was I came home in a good mood and am now in pj's watching football for the rest of day.

I truly love Sunday football!

No comments: