Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It's Time For Some Dodgeball!!!

It is time for some Dodgeball! Dodgie Style is back with some veterans from last season and few new rookies thrown in this season. We have our first practice tomorrow night and I can’t wait! We have a plan for practice tomorrow night: rules review, skill drills, and playing a few games against another team that is joining us.

I’m excited to see if we get off to a better start this season since we have some experience. The games we did lose last year were all pretty close and I feel like we can win those close games this year with a little hard work and solid strategy.

Thankfully I have been cleared to play post concussion. I went to my Dr. last week, and while she would prefer I sit out a whole year from sports with potential for getting hit in the head, she said I could go ahead and play! I was thankful the softball team let me keep stats so I could still feel like part of the team, but I really hated sitting on the bench watching week after week. I’m a player not a spectator!

Our first game is 10/6 and I can’t wait!


On a fantasy football note: 2nd week in a row of losing in all three leagues. My record is 0-6 L. I was not fit to be around last night with all the yelling I did at the TV…Mark actually had to verify that I said some of the things he thought I was saying…it was not pretty.

I have to remind myself that when it comes to football ultimately the only thing I really care about is the Steelers winning. The only reason I started playing ff was to distract myself when the Steelers had a down year. My new ff plan…try and spend less time obsessing about it (and constantly checking my stats) and just enjoy watching football. Whatever happens in the leagues will happen even if I’m not yelling like a crazy woman at the TV!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Softball.....if you can't be an athlete be an athletic supporter!
: )