Friday, December 10, 2010

Hawks Game

I have been waiting and waiting for the pics that go with this post, but I don’t have them yet, and I don’t like being almost a week behind. So I’m finally accepting the fact that this blog will never contain a ton of photos with the posts, or any at all for that matter.

Anyway, I did manage to have some fun last weekend after my self defense class. Mark and I had free tickets to the Hawks game, and ended up with two extra, so that Bob and Michelle could go with us!

A big Thank You to Val for the tickets! Because she did such an awesome job helping someone rehab from some injuries that opened the door for Dad to work on her son, who just so happens to be a lineman for the Carolina Panthers! So because of the connection and great work that Val did on his Mom Val and Dad ended up with 4 tickets. Two for them and two for Mark and I. But, because Dad couldn’t get the time off from work and Val didn’t want to drive the pass alone Mark and I ended up with all 4 tickets.

Even though we are not Hawk fans, and in fact were Panther fans for the day, we were still really excited to see an NFL game live! We were with about 125 Panther fans all there to see their friend/family member play, he grew up in Richland, so there were a lot of people from E WA there! We had so much fun chatting with his Mom, meeting his sisters and brother and seeing him make some key tackles during the game. Bob and Michelle were happy because the Hawks won, and Mark and I were happy because we got to see a game!

I have to say catching the Sounder is the ONLY way to go to sporting events in Seattle!! We got up there early enough to hit a bar and have some drinks/lunch, roam around the stadium, look around all the booths in the event center and still get drinks and food before the game started. And, after the game we walked to the station and hopped on the first train back to T town that came along. It was really nice to know we could all have beer/drinks and not worry about driving home right away!

It does make me with though that I lived in my teams town. While I have no desire to move to Pittsburgh I would love to be a home town fan for a season!

Thank you Val for doing such awesome work and scoring us tickets!!!

No comments: