Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What Do You Know For Sure?

I know for sure that giving is so much better than receiving.

This year our office decided to skip giving little gifts to each other at the Christmas party and adopt a family in need. MultiCare has an employees helping employees program so we were assigned a single mom with two children and she just so happens to be a fellow employee.

I can't tell you how much fun Mark and I had shopping for the 14 year old boy who is a Steelers fan! We totally hooked him up!

She emailed us and thanked us for providing for her and her children. She was especially thankful that she didn't have to have the "no Christmas" talk with them this year.

I know that Christmas it is not about the gifts, but it is in part about reaching out and helping those around you, and I'm truly thankful I had the opportunity to make a small difference in someones life this holiday season.

No comments: