Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pilates Challenge

Since my opportunity to run is very limited this week I jumped in and joined the Athleta sponsored 3 week Pilates Summer Series.  Check out the link for more info and to join...it's FREE! 


I love that the workouts are less than 10 minutes, and it's M-F, and it will (I hope) jump start a daily strength training habit!  I need to work on that, as do most runners.  7 to 10 minutes a day is no big deal, and Sky had fun doing it with me yesterday.

Thankfully it's something that is easy to do in the hotel room while Sky is resting, or wanting to sit on my back while I do the planks.  Nothing like an extra 32 pounds to make planks easier!

----------------------

The weather was a bit blah yesterday and it was raining every time Sky and I stepped outside.  So, I opted for the Galleria shopping center.  It's pretty high end, which is not my preference, but they had a Lululemon store, and they have a great indoor play area that is free! 

We were both starving though and had to have lunch before shopping and playing!

I found a salad place that is like Subway, only for salad.  They build your salad as you watch and tell them what you want on it.  Seriously they had more options than I knew what to do with.  Did not even come close to eating all of this, even with Sky's help.  It was sure yummy though. 

On our way to Lulu we found the Disney store, and let me tell you I almost cried watching Sky's reaction. 

We walked in and her eyes double in size and all she kept saying over and over was, "Mommy, it's so beautiful, it's so beautiful.  It's Disney, it's so beautiful".  I wish I had thought to take a video, but I was trying really hard to hold it together, the amazement and wonder on her face were priceless! 

I knew we were not getting out of there without something for her so I told her she could pick one thing and this is what she picked...

Tinkerbell for the win.  She found several things she wanted, but each time she found something new she put what she had in her hands back.  I think the sparkly wings won her over, she is fascinated by Tinks wings!  I can not wait to go to Disneyland with her, it's going to be so much fun!

Then it was my turn...Lululemon!  I debated and debated going in actually, trying to keep this trip low cost, but I really wanted (almost a need with how much I run!) a lighter colored skirt to wear for summer races, oh and it needs to work with the HF singlet.  The only skirt I have right now that looks ok with it is my black one, but my August PR attempt could end up being a hot one and I don't want black!  So I broke my personal running rule about no white and got this new beauty! 

From seeing others in it I knew I loved how the white skirt looks with the singlet, so I went for it.  Gonna be fun keeping it clean, me and white yikes. 

After that we hit up the play area and Sky had a blast running around and playing with the other tots. 

The play area is a soft foam replica of the mall with slides built into some of the stores, and foam cars that could be pushed along the floor which was a map of the surrounding roads leading to the mall. 

The play area had the cutest Mommy and Me bathrooms! 

I have never seen a family bathroom like that, but it's a really great idea...too bad Sky wasn't as impressed with the little potty as I was.  All she cared about was washing her hands over and over. 

We caught up with Mark after play time for an awesome dinner, but that deserves it's own post, so will share that later today/tomorrow!

Now that the rain has finally stopped and the roads are no longer flooding Sky and I are venturing out for lunch and park time!

Have a great Tuesday! 





 

No comments: