Tuesday, May 27, 2014

So It Begins

Today is the first day of PR training!  I'm excited, and a little scared to be honest.  I've never had such a big goal riding on one race.  Mostly my past goals have all been accomplish-able as long as I finished, but now that's not good enough.  Now, I have a huge goal, so big that I don't even like saying what it is.

I'm ready though.  I'm pushing myself, but I know it's a goal I can reach, so let the training and the fun begin!

The biggest change with this training cycle and race is I feel very alone.  For the first time I'm intentionally doing all (or most...I have a few long runs with stronger/faster runners lined up) long runs and the race alone.  It's time to rely on myself and see what I can do on my own!  That's pretty exciting!

In the meantime I'm totally going crazy over the Bridge Of The Gods Run photos on their FB page!  It's a week after my PR attempt so it's a no go this year, but I'm keeping my eye on it for next year!  It's the inaugural year this year, so I hope it sticks around, and that by next year any kinks (if there are any) will be worked out! 

I mean really check out the views! 






Growing up we drove past this bridge on the way to E WA countless times a year.  The idea of running across it and actually stopping to enjoy the area sounds pretty amazing to me!  Adding it to the race bucket list for sure! 

------------

Who's training right now...What race are you gearing up for?


Tell me the #1 race on your bucket list!

No comments: