Tuesday, June 16, 2015

It's Getting Hot In Here

It's heating up around here, for real, living life in the 80's and up (it's not even officially summer yet!), and with the influx of people and attention the U.S. Open is bringing to my favorite place to run. Which, there won't be any running going on there until after this week. Missing Chambers Bay as an option for sure.

Oh well, I don't mind. Sky and I are hanging out, enjoying that most people are staying home, left town, or are at the tournament so the roads are actually pretty open, not much traffic, and ton's of state patrol. So, you know no speeding, but it means everyone is on point with their driving and that's a nice change.

Upper Right of the pic, the long white stretches are tents put up for the U.S. Open. That's about as close as I'll be getting the action. 

Very happy to enjoy the sun, water, and sand while the golf thing happens down the way.

I'm sort of relishing the lack of schedule, and just enjoying what each day brings. I know that needs to change, there's stuff to do, but I'm putting it off as long as possible. For now we are having fun, getting back to a solid pilates routine, mixing in a bit of running during the week, and that's about it. 

To give myself a little credit I was up at 5am this morning, and got a ton of Jamberry work done, and laundry. So that's something. Now, to enjoy a book in the sun...keeping it low key today after a busy weekend and way too many late  nights for Sky. It's caught up with her and she is not feeling well. Time to recharge and rest before we take on the rest of the week! 

A look at what we've been up to...

We attended the Lakewood Relay For Life event with our friends/team. It's been an important part of my life for a long time, and I have a feeling it will be an important part of Sky's as well. 


19th year of Relay For Life. 

The Tacoma Farmer's Market started in May I think, and we have been counting down the days until school was out so we could start meeting Mark down there for lunch. It tends to be more about food, crafts, and fresh flowers than produce from farms, but it's still fun and gives Sky some Daddy time during the work day.

She wanted to be a leaf fairy. 

Getting an up close look at her face painting.

Sky received her first bow and finally had a chance to shoot it after Mark tracked down arrows for it. She LOVES it! Elk camp...get ready...Sky's practicing! 

 Not strong enough to pull it back by herself yet. She'll get there though. 

 Retrieving arrows from the target.

Every time she hits the target this happens! 

It's funny how things happen sometimes. Sky and I were headed to the spray park, and saw Elya's car on the road. I honked as I went past but she didn't see me. Her kids however saw Sky and started waving and making a ruckus. Sky was so funny, "Mommy, there are people waiving at me, who are they"? 

Thankfully we were able to roll windows down and connect so we could follow her to the spit on Fox Island for time in the sun and sand. Sky had a blast, I had a blast, and Mark and Silas got in on it when they joined us for an impromptu bbq at Elya's sisters house. So much fun! I'm so thankful there are other mom's that are prepared out there. I had the very minimum of what we needed for an hour or so at the spray park, no extra snacks or clothing etc. Elya and Ella were ready though and helped us enjoy a fun afternoon/evening in the sun with good friends. 

 I may have to start keeping the life jacket in the car, she couldn't swim because we didn't have it.

 My spot on the rocky beach. 

Enjoying a little movie time before dinner.

The gang...thank you Elya for sharing this picture! 

No comments: