Thursday, June 11, 2015

Thankful Thursday

Things I'm thankful for today:

-Perfectly grilled steak, fresh herb chimichurri, and good wine!

An abundance of Cilantro = yummy chimichurri!


-Having a garden of sorts, and realizing what food should actually taste like. It's so much better cut fresh and eaten withing minutes of harvesting! The raised container is the herb garden, only planted a little bit of stuff to see how it goes. The other containers have tomatoes, peppers, and several different types of lettuce.



-Mini Frappuccino's at Starbucks! They are the perfect last day of swimming/hello summer fun schedule treat! Red Velvet Cake flavor is a must try!



-Those two...I love how much she loves "helping" him, and he's so patient with her, and good as finding ways she can "help" even if he doesn't really need help.

-Farmer's Market! Now that schools out we can enjoy Tacoma's Farmers Market and meet Daddy for lunch Thursday's!



 When did the baby hands turn into big girl hands?! 

-Little Passports. It has been the perfect birthday gift for Sky. She loves maps and each month we get new adventures to enjoy, and learn new things using the map. We have map time almost every single day.


-Movie time snuggles. The peace and quiet that come with movie time, and the ability to get a few things done, man I look forward to that all day long.




-Having the best little running partner ever. Everyone should have a chance to run with her and listen to her commentary, it's a crack up. 

-All the "I turned 40 and now need a bunch of tests and screenings" doctor appointments are done, and everything came back negative. Nice to know I'm healthy! 

-For the parenting challenges each day brings...true growth comes from looking at how I handle those challenges, and realizing opportunities for improvement. At the same time giving myself some grace...I'll never be the perfect parent, and I'm ok with that...I will be the best parent I possible can though. 

What are you thankful for?




No comments: