Monday, June 1, 2015

Birthday Camping Is The Best Camping

I'm a bit behind here since Sky's Birthday Camping trip was 2 weeks ago, but better late than never I guess.

Can I just say how awesome I think it is that she wanted to go camping for her birthday...that's just down right fun for everyone! So true to her nature as well. She's happiest outside, running around, finding bugs, riding bikes, working in the yard, running etc. She just loves being outside!

It's funny how the stages and changes never land right on the date the age changes, but I can sure tell a difference in her the last month or so. So much more aware of emotions, tone of voice, knowing there are consequences for actions, and even more sense of humor. She's growing up for sure.

Daily she walks up to me and puts her hands on my cheeks and says, "What happened to my baby Sky? I growed up Mommy, that's what happened". I'm just thankful she still curls up like a baby in my lap for cuddle time.

Lot's of camping pics...none of which are mine. Thank you Mark, Kristen, Alex and Michelle for the pics! I didn't take the time to edit either.

 Kiera, Grace, Sky = Three Amigos.

 Cracking up. 

 Biker Chicks! 


 Gotta put her feet up and rest. 

 Sky caught her first fish this trip! 

Shout out to Grace! After she caught her first fish, and landed her second on her pole she handed it off to Sky, so Sky could bring it in herself and score her very first fish. That is pretty awesome right there! 



 Putting Silas to work! 



Two things Sky asked for over and over for birthday camping...party hats and to bake a birthday cake with Uncle Bob. Well she had a new hat every day, and Bob hooked her up with birthday cake baking. All the below pics are from Michelle...thank you!








Sky, Michelle, Kiera...thank you Alex for the pic! 

So much fun, and Sky is still talking about camping weeks later! Thank you everyone who made it special for her, including my Dad and Johanna who went way out of their way (several hours worth of a detour)  to stop in at camp and deliver birthday gifts!

No comments: