Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Summer Break

As of today all of Sky's activities are on summer break. The last day of school was last week and her last day of swimming is today. I get a serious Not Mom of the Year award on her last day of school. Rather than an awesome celebration we had her 4 year old appointment and she got 4 shots...yikes. Her little legs hurt for days after, and she had a sad little limp. I timed that appointment about as poorly as possible. :(

That means we are a bit schedule-less for a while, and I love that! I'm sure by the end of summer I'll be ready for school to start, but I'm really looking forward to having our days to ourselves and letting them unfold as they may. The challenge is staying on track enough to get the things done that need to get done...hello To Do List!

I enjoyed her last day of school with my last Sky free grocery shopping day of the summer. I took my time enjoying coffee, and instead of breezing through Costco I stopped and shopped the fun stuff (books, outfits for Sky, wine).


I know summer is officially a few weeks away, but man it sure feels like summer already. We have been to the spray park more the last few weeks than we went all of last summer!



I could do this all day, but would need to find shade first! 



Last field trip of the year with her class to Owens Beach...she loves the beach! 

Something about summer makes me feel so lazy about the whole get ready routine. It's totally messy pony with a baseball cap, slouchy shirts that are too big, and easy skirts with built in shorts, no flashing here people! 

Pretty sure that's the last of the "done" hair you will see this summer. I'm in favor of not doing it and going with the messy sea salt spray look. 

In a quick, easy, comfortable frame of mind of late, for Sky and I both! I'd rather spend our time outside, in the sun, at the spray park, having fun with friends, or just the two of us! 

That's kind of life right now....everything to a screeching halt until after our camping/road trip. Then summer camp #1, swimming & sports lessons start up, several long weekend adventures, and camp #2. Sky doesn't know it, but she has an awesome summer ahead of her! :) 

Let the Summer Fun begin!

No comments: