Thursday, December 10, 2009

I have my house back!

It has been a busy couple of days!

The carpet was installed Tuesday, and it looks great! (Photos to follow in the next few days.) Tuesday night Mark and I moved all the furniture back to where it belonged (why is everything to heavy?!) and put all the Holiday decorations up as well. All that is left is hanging our art work back up. We are contemplating moving some of the art from one wall to another, so for now we are leaning it against the wall on the floor to see if that is where we really want it to go. I would be happy with it all going back where it came from, but Mark is the one responsible for putting holes in our wall so I have to wait until he decides where it will all go.

Last night I hung up all the cloths we have been given for Sky. Let’s just say whenever she does arrive she is going to have one stylish closet to work with! She already has so many cloths I almost ran out of hangers…I bought 80 hangers last night on the way home! Next project is to put the crib up and I need to find a dresser I like and add that to the registry. I realized last night we don’t have a dresser. Thankfully there is a lot of shelving in the closet system that is installed in the nursery, but a dresser would still be nice!

In between putting the house back together and organizing Sky’s closet I have also been trying to get the laundry done. The couch was in front of the washer and dryer for days and I couldn't get to them, so now am playing catch up on the laundry.

Adoption News: We had an exciting hour or so yesterday. We received an email from our agency letting us know there was a baby girl being born 12/31 and the agency the birth mother is working with does not have any couples that are open to African American children, so our agency sent an email to see if we were interested. My heart skipped a beat to think that we may have a baby in 3 weeks! But, after a few phone calls we found that the other agency required us to pay their full fee to them up front, the birth mothers hospital stay, and travel expenses for the birth mother (I still don’t understand why the agency is flying a woman who is giving birth in 3 weeks from Alabama to Utah for the deliver…I didn’t think you could fly that late in the pregnancy). While we are well aware we may match with a birth mother that does not have insurance and we will have to pay for her hospital stay we just did not feel like we could pay for all of those expenses in just 3 short weeks. We have already paid the fee to our agency and to turn around and pay another agency fee was just going to be way too much! (Especially since this other agencies fee was more than double what our agencies fee was). So even though I would have loved to give a home to this little girl that needs one we had to pass on this opportunity. I was a little sad at first, but I realize that the baby for us will fit the budget we have set up with the agency and hopefully give us more than 3 weeks notice! (I would be ok with short notice if it was the right situation though…just putting that out there.) It is going to be really exciting when we do get that call or email and we realize it is the right situation for us!

No comments: