Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Time Off

It has been so nice to have some time off! I worked Monday and Tuesday last week and have been off since then. I don't go back to work until the 4th. Poor Mark has been working though. It is hard for him to get out of bed when I'm still out and don't plan on getting up until 8 or 9. It is amazing how much sleeping in a person can do.

I have been productive though. I cleaned out my closet and dresser and took 3 garbage bags to Goodwill. The laundry is caught up, the house is clean, we have had several dinner nights with friends/family and my last project is to organize the kitchen. I know I have stuff that I never use, and I need to make room for the new Crockpot. I have a huge one, but just got a smaller one so that I have the right size for smaller dishes. One of those smaller dishes is cooking right now!

In between all of this I finished a book, started a new one, am almost done with a scarf and ready to start a new one, and have watched several movies...as there is nothing on TV during the day.

It has been good time off, but busy time off and I wouldn't trade it. It has been the perfect mix of getting a project done, relaxing, starting a new project, relaxing, taking long showers, relaxing, cleaning, relaxing...you get the picture.

Tomorrow starts the prep for the PJ's New Years Eve party. It is our 2nd annual pj party that is pregnant person and kid friendly. It is a blast! I don't have all that much to do, just some last minute bathroom cleaning and making sure I have all the goods to make the snacks and drinks I want to make.

Photo's soon of Christmas and New Years.

No comments: