Saturday, July 17, 2010

Adoption Update

Mark and I have made a small change in our plans...we have decided to be open to a boy or a girl.

For those of you that have given us girl stuff as gifts, have made us blankets and/or clothing that are girl related, carved Sky's initials in concrete at their house, or have given us girl clothing...not to worry. We will have a girl at some point, we will save all the girl stuff for next time, and her name will be Shannon Kailey, so the initials in concrete will still work. :)

Mark and I have been talking about it for a while and after a good friend told me that to receive anything I have to be open to everything...the change was made.

So...Shannon Kailey or Carl Wesley...we will welcome one or the other into our family when they find their way to us.

5 comments:

Beth said...

: )

Unknown said...

we have so much cute girl stuff...I still hope it is a girl, but really we just want to be parents to the right baby, so we will go with whatever works out.

JR said...

You just doubled the opportunity :-) I would have chosen Jackson Wesley, tho. Moo

popeye said...

It does not matter because this is even more exciting than before. I thoroughly enjoyed both my grandson and grand daughter when Vals kids were here. I spent endless hours pushing cars all over the hardwood floors, coloring hours in collering books, and holding both of them. When we put in the pool I will carve CY in the cement. I couldnt help but tell grandpa the name you picked out. This is all so exciting--Love dad

Unknown said...

I'm glad your are excited Dad! I hope Grandpa liked the name. :)