Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Proud Older Sister

I am not a runner, never have been, never will be, don't ever really want to be a runner. I will never willingly choose running as a form of exercise. Because of my strong feeling against running I truly admire those that run of their own free will and when they take it to the next level and run marathons.

My sister and her husband are two such people. They run for exercise, for fun, and to challenge themselves. They are running the San Francisco marathon in 4 days...this is their 3rd or 4th marathon I think. And, it does not stop with them, their three kids run in the kid races as well.

I love reading her blog documenting their challenges and triumphs from every training run, to every race.

I am so proud of both of them, but in particular of my sister...I know where she started and the hard work she has put in. I cry every time I see the photos from every race and read about the emotional journey she goes through each time because I am so proud of her and so in awe of them both.

My thoughts will be with them both this weekend I know they will both do an awesome job!

3 comments:

popeye said...

There is no more of a battle with your inner soul than long distance running. It truly is a test of character, their heart, and their long suffering. Truly a testimony to their identity as a human being. It has such a great cary over into life. It speaks of their intestinal fortitude. Their ability to overcome any trial or tribulation life sends their way.

popeye said...

One more thing. Pursueing this form of fitness is such an unselfish act. How so? The requirements of long distance running involve taking care of yourself in every aspect. Only then will you have the measure of health and well being to truly be a benefit to those who mean the most to you. Everyone in their circle will testify to how much they do for their family, and others as well.
dad

Beth said...

Thank you both.