Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Zumba!

I went to my first Zumba class last night since the concussion. For some reason I have just not felt ready to go back and every time I did think about it I got a little scared. Maybe it is an internal self preservation thing, but I am glad I waited.

Class was great. I forgot some of the steps, but the hip action was still there. My scar hurt a little after class and I felt a little pressure in the area I was kicked, but other than that I felt great and am happy to be back to Zumba.

I'm guessing that if I had very minor side effects last night, that it is probably a good thing I had a feeling I should wait.

Still can't believe that 8 weeks later I'm still having little twinges here and there. I will say it again...I don't know how pro athletes come back so quickly after concussions!

No comments: