Saturday, January 1, 2011

Running into the New Year

A lot of people are fans of New Years Resolutions, I am not. I feel like being the best me possible is too important to think about once a year. I continually look at who I am and what I'm doing and tend to make "resolutions" every couple of months to keep myself on the right track.

I decided a month or so ago to run a 5K the end of January, and I have gotten several training runs in, two of them being much tougher than I was probably ready for realistically, but I managed.

So, for the first time ever I sort of have a resolution, and that is to keep running for now. I am finding that I like it WAY more than I thought I would. I am also in great cardio shape so my body does not hurt like it has in years past when I tried to run.

Mentally I have no desire to run for long distances so you won't catch me doing any marathons, but Michelle and I are already talking about finding more 5K type races that we can do.

So I guess you could say my resolution is to run the race the end of this month, and then after that pick another and keep on running.

No comments: