Thursday, March 3, 2011

Running Issue #2

Running issue #2: CLOTHING

I have been looking at a lot of running clothing options and most of them seem to be shorts, running skirts, cropped pants, and full length pants (very tight pants!).

First off…what do people wear under their running bottoms of choice? Because, I will tell you that wearing my normal underwear under my yoga pants while running has not always been very comfortable! Chafing has happened in places I didn’t know it could happen. Enough said. But, not all bottoms have underwear built in and I care about things like pantie lines, and that severally limits what underwear I'm willing to wear, so what the heck do people do?

Second…I’m running in the cold, rain, snow, and wind so running shorts, skirts, and cropped pants don’t really work most of the time around here, and I have yet to find long running pants that are not spandex tight! Now I have no problem going to the gym or on a run fresh out of bed with zero make-up, bed head, and sweat my ass off and not give a crap about how I look. But, I have my limits and tight ass spandex is one of them…no one looks good in that!

On the flip side I realize that loose clothing is bad because again chafing can becomes an issue, so what is a girl to do?

Everything else I’m pretty good on. Outerwear, shoes, socks, tops, sports bra’s I have all that figured out, it’s just the bottoms and what does or doesn’t go underneath them that I’m tripping up on.

I may trip up on the workout related laundry now and then as well. Between the Y and running I may have had to put on a not totally dry sports bra or yoga pants a time or two because of not staying on top of the laundry!

No comments: