Wednesday, December 14, 2011

#1 Response to It's An Open Adoption...

...is Wow, doesn't that scare you?

No...it doesn't scare me in the least, for several reasons. 

We did our homework, spent a lot of time looking at all our adoption options, talked to several friends that could offer incite into all the options, and we talked to several adults who were adopted and had open and closed adoptions. 

It all comes down to what is best for Sky, and we feel it is best to first of all be honest about the adoption from day one, and second keep an open relationship with the birth mother and father so that when she is ready to meet them (if she decides that is what she wants) we can make that happen for her. 

I think the number one reason it doesn't scare me though is that I am 100% secure in the fact that I am Sky's mom and nothing will ever change that. 

However, I also know that the only reason I am Sky's mom is because there were two people who made the difficult decision that I should be Sky's mom.  They obviously loved Sky and wanted what was best for her.  Why would we keep her from that much love?


It's pretty obvious that Sky knows who her parents are and is most comfortable when she is with Mommy and Daddy.  I'm her mommy and she's my baby and we both know it...nope I don't have anything to be scared of. 

(I try not to speak for Mark in my posts...that's why this is about me being her mommy and why I'm not worried...I'm pretty sure Mark feels the same way.  He is just as much her Daddy as I am her Mommy, but it's not for me to speak for him.)

1 comment:

shelley said...

What an awesome post. And you're absolutely right.

Sky is so very blessed by her mommy, daddy, and birthparents.