Friday, December 9, 2011

Shout Out

I want to give a shout out to my 9 year old (I think she is nine anyway, maybe 10?) niece...she is running her very first 10K this weekend.  She has been kicking booty at the 5K distance and is moving on up.  The best part is, she doesn't even know it! 

Not sure how my sister pulled that off, but she is running her first 10K and doesn't know it.  The nice thing my sister is her pacer so she will be there with her to offer support when needed. 

My guess is, Emma is going to kill it and leave my sister in the dust.  (please don't be offended Beth!)  I don't say that without giving it some thought, my sister is a very accomplished runner in her own right, but I just have a feeling Emma is going to blaze it out. 

I will admit I'm a little jealous...I have been wanting to do a 10K for a while now.  More on that later though. 

I wish them great weather and a wonderful race.  Emma is PR'ing tomorrow no matter what!  :)

No comments: