Thursday, December 8, 2011

Top 10 Ways Motherhood Has Changed Me

10.  I am more of a morning person than ever before.  

9.  It doesn't really matter how I look as long as she is in a cute outfit.

8.  I'm obsessed with finding socks and shoes that stay on her feet all day.

7.  6 hours of sleep is actually enough.  (Coming from someone who loved 9 plus hours of sleep at a time.)

6.  I actually can take a shower in under 5 minutes!

5.  If I can't do it (insert almost any activity/social outing) with Sky I don't care to do it.  (for the most part.)

4.  Shopping for me always turns into shopping for Sky instead.

3.  I find it totally acceptable to pretend my stomach really is that upset just to get a few extra minutes of reading in. 

2.  It doesn't bother me that most of my me time happens in the bathroom.  (Showering, brushing my teeth, drying my hair, pretending to have an upset stomach, etc.)

And the number one way motherhood has changed me...

1.  Success is changing an overfilled poopy diaper and not getting any on me!  (Ok I know true success is raising a wonderful little person that will make amazing contributions to society, but that will come after she is out of diapers!)

2 comments:

shelley said...

HILARIOUS!!

I totally identify!

9. When I went to Iowa for the first time w/Thomas (he was two months old), he had eleven outfits to choose from for a 5 day trip. Never mind that we had a washer/dryer handy. Mommy? I had one pair of pants and two shirts. Didn't realize that UNTIL I GOT THERE.

8. I converted to pants w/feet already in them and gave up on shoes. But I do really like the ministar-style leather booties!!

6. I'm a huge believer in getting both boys into and out of the shower quickly w/one of us, and we can get everyone through in 15 minutes total!!

5. totally agree

4. totally agree

1. TOTALLY AGREE

JR said...

Try Sockson.com I saw it on Today--today.