Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Not At All Prepared

I am not prepared for this weekends race at all.  For one I thought it was weekend after next, but no, it's actually this Saturday.  With being gone for the Holidays, being sick, Sky being sick, and now snow I have not run since before Christmas.  Thankfully I have made it to two stroller fitness classes in the last 4 days and have two more before Saturday, so I'm at least getting my sprinting in. 

Thank goodness this is a flat, fast 5K.  I feel like I'm in good enough shape to be able to at least finish a 5K even with zero training runs under my belt.  I was thinking this would be a good race to PR on and start the year off right, but now I'm going to just go with finishing since this is my first run coming off of being sick.

I really don't like not feeling prepared, but it is what it is. 

No comments: