Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thankful Thursdays

I had a ah ha moment the other day watching the Ellen show.  Sky and I love her show.  She is fun, upbeat, makes her point without browbeating anyone and she believes in being kind and enjoying life.  Plus she dances, which means Sky and I dance.  

It got me to thinking that sometimes social media can be negative.  People complaining about this or that or talking about how unhappy, frustrated, upset etc they are.  I have done it myself, and I'm sure will do it again. 

However, the last 7 1/2 months have been the happiest months of my life and I'm amazed every day at how great my/our life is.

Which brings me to Thankful Thursdays...my one day a week dedicated to things I'm thankful for.  Sometimes it may be big important thankfulness and others it may be silly little thankfulness, but the point is I'm thankful every day for something and will share some of that every Thursday. 

Today I'm thankful for the moments when I'm doing dishes in the kitchen and Mark and Sky are in the living room playing, reading, watching football, or any time really that I can see them and they don't know I can see them and it's just the two of them.  I LOVE the look that Mark has on his face when Sky does something smart or funny or silly.  I am so thankful that he is such a good Dad and enjoys his little girl so much, and that I get sneak peaks at some of those Daddy/Daughter moments.   

No comments: