Saturday, February 25, 2012

Compression Sleeves

Why, why, why did I wait so long to get compression sleeves for my legs?  I ran my longest distance today, with my new sleeves, and I feel amazing!!!  Ever since this training thing started I have had shin splint issues and it sucks!  On top of that my calf's have constant cramps and are hard as a rock all the time and hurt when I run.

But, after 6 miles of road running today my legs feel great and they didn't hurt not once during my run today!  I'm so excited!  I felt so good at the end that I could have kept going, and I'm looking forward to doing 8 miles next weekend. 

I may go get 10 more pairs.  :)  Actually I will probably get by on one pair until the marathon and get a cool pair at the expo.  (I'm so excited to go to my first race expo!)  That will be my treat to myself for the 1/2...new sleeves. 

I'm icing my knees, shins and ankles as preventive treatment.  Later I will spend some time with the foam roller and work on the quads and gluts.  That's my new strategy, wear the sleeves every time I run (perhaps wear them after the long runs for a few hours to help with recovery - got that tip from a marathon runner)  ice, stretch, foam roller even if it doesn't feel like I need it. 

Thank you for the run Jodi!  It felt good to get up and get it done early in the weekend, plus I like running with you.  :)  Looking forward to next weekend!

No comments: