Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Just Like Old Times

I was able to get a 3 mile run in with Michelle this evening.  It has been a really, really long time since we have run, and you know it felt good, like old times.  The best part of the run was that Sky did great in the jogger in the big girl seat!  She didn't miss the infant sling in the least.  :)  

Thanks to class and running I'm feeling better today.  

I knew I was feeling kind of black in my heart and mind, like I was sinking into a pit that I wouldn't be able to get out of.  After class yesterday I felt tons better.  In reality I was feeling back to normal, which made me realize I really let things get to me, if my work out only made me feel normal, and normal was translating as amazing compared to how I had been feeling. 

I slept the whole night last night for the first time in a weeks, and woke up today feeling pretty good.  I haven't found myself wanting or needing to cry, and felt even better after running tonight.  

Grandma loved to bargain shop, and she had a ton of hats, scarves, and costume jewelry.  So tomorrow I'm taking some time to bargain shop.  Luckily there are some great options at Lakewood Town Center, and I'm going to find myself something that reminds me of Grandma, but that I will wear and get use out of.  She had style, it wasn't always my style, but it was style. 

I'm thinking a summer hat may be a good option, or a funky pair of earrings.  Whatever it is the rules are it must come from Ross, Marshall's, or Burlington Coat Factory.  Those are places Grandma could spend hours in hunting for the best deal possible.

Hopefully it won't take me hours, as I'm not much of a shopper, and I do have some legit errands to run tomorrow. 





No comments: