Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Speedy

When registering for the 10 mile trail run I failed to account for the fact that it's on an island and therefor I will probably be sea sick by the time I hit the start line, and I have zero time to train. 

Between Sky being sick, Mark working on the bathroom and other projects,  busy weekends out of town I'm pushing my luck getting myself ready for this thing. 

The up side...it's a trail run and will naturally be a slower pace, I already know I can run more than 10 miles (injured non-the-less), and I'm feeling great when I do get to run. 

Did a 3.2 mile run today with a 8:54 pace, that is fast, really fast for me!  I figured if all I can find time for is shorter runs then I had better move my ass to make up for the lack of longer training runs. 

I hope that pushing myself speed wise will help negate the lack of distance I have going on. 

Was thankful Mark worked from today so I could sneak out for that fast run while Sky slept. 


No comments: