Monday, February 18, 2013

Kitchen Gadgets

Kinda took a blog break for a few days.  Been busy running, playing with Sky, hiking, going to a movie with Mark, and enjoying him having today off!     

I have gotten a few new kitchen gadgets that I love so much I just have to share! 


I actually have a nice, big, food processor, but most the time I only need one onion chopped, or a few things chopped that are going into a one pot meal.  I wore out my little 2 sup chopper that was really only good for 1/2 an onion at a time.  I got this Ninja chopping system to replace it and I love it!  It came with 4 containers and they stack on top of each other nicely.  I thing I have used it every day since I got it! 

These cute little measuring cups measure up to 4 liquid tablespoons.  Did you know that liquid measuring cups measure things different than non-liquid?  Meaning a cup of water in a liquid measurer is a different amount than if measured in a measuring cup that you would use for flour.  I do a lot of marinades and am constantly measuring 2 tablespoons of oil or vinegar or fish sauce and have been using measuring spoons until now!  Now I have mini liquid measuring cups so I will always have the exact right amount!  Found them at World Market.        



So this one is kind of silly.  I think I have one recipe that called for a mortar and pestle and I didn't have one.  I forget now what I did instead, but I'm sure I found a workaround of some sort.  When I was at World Market I saw this mini set and thought that I should probably have it, you know to have a fully functional kitchen and all.  Actually I made something the other day that had saffron I it, and I thought I would need to crush the saffron to use it, but ended up I didn't.  So now I have this and am not sure when/if I will ever use it, but it is a mini set and was only a few $ so I'm ok holding onto it.    



I love these containers. Did you hear me?  I LOVE these containers.  OXO Pop Top food storage for things like raisins, crackers, chips, rice, flour, sugar, pasta etc.  Only problem is they are expensive.  From $7.99 up to close to $20 per depending on the size.  I was so excited that Costco had a set of 8 for $50.  I already filled up those ones and am going to get another set next time I'm there. 


Lastly I got more measuring spoons.  My pampered chef ones died a slow and painful death in the dishwasher, and I regularly need 2 to 3 full sets when I'm cooking.  Now I'm all set!   

Speaking of the kitchen...I'm off to make roasted chicken legs and risotto.  Oh, and enjoying wine, it's national drink wine day! 


No comments: