Monday, March 18, 2013

It's Done Now...

Before I get to anything to do with me I have to share this blog with you all.  Do yourself a favor and go read it.  It's worth it, even if you are not a runner, it's worth it. 

Every so often I start to wonder how long me pushing Sky on runs will last, enter this blog and a guy who wins a marathon pushing his 6 year old in a stroller.  Oh, and he has brain cancer. 

Yeah I will never complain about my life or running ever again.  Ok, we all know that is not 100% true, but next time I want to stop and walk because I'm tired or have a pity party because we ran out of wine I will check myself hard core, and think about what this guy is doing! 

GO CHECK IT OUT!  Here is the link again: Click Here 

Ok...on to my life.  I did it...sent in the registration for the last of the three 1/2's I'm doing to qualify for Half Fanatics.  Even though I set goals I feel like it's all up in the air and subject to last minute changes until the cold hard cash leaves my wallet.  All three are paid for, so that means no turning back.  I don't care if I have to crawl on hands and knees to finish the last one, I'm doing it and I will be a Half Fanatic by the end of summer! 

It is a beautiful sunny day out and I so, so, so want to run, even just a short little 1 miler, but I'm sticking to resting until Wednesday.  My training log the last week is so sad looking!  With Sky being sick it's probably better to just chill with her and keep her happy anyway.  We did sneak out to Costco this morning though...just to get out of the house and pick up a few things we needed. 

A few pics from our day today...


Not a fan of the sun in her face.  Spent the entire time in the car with her hands over her eyes.  What about sunglasses you ask...she has them, but she refuses to wear them.  So I get fussy girl peaking out between her fingers. 


Such a big girl insisting on brushing her teeth all by herself.  There just isn't much of my baby girl left in her and it breaks my heart and makes me smile all at the same time.  She is growing up so fast and I'm having so much fun watching it happen day-by-day! 

No comments: