Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Run Like The Wind

I am so excited to be registered for RUN LIKE THE WIND in June!!!  I have not done a trail race in a very long time.  Check out the link above for pictures of the views...I'm so excited for the views, I may just have to run with my phone for this one.   


I'm excited to make a weekend out of this one and camp with the babe and baby!  Plus we get tours of the wind facility, and I have heard it's a pretty amazing (and kid friendly) place to visit.  There's only a little over 900 feet of elevation gain, but it's at mile 3 and 5, so at the end of the race.  My plan is to take it easy on this one and just enjoy the route and the views. 

Now I need to solve one tiny problem...I don't have trail shoes.  It doesn't look like a very technical route, so I may be ok with the "other" running shoes in my closet (I don't really want to dirty up my Boost shoes!), but will have to do some blister prep if I do that.  I'll have to ponder that one. 

I'm really looking forward to getting back to trail running.  When I started a few years ago that's almost all I did, but have gradually switched to predominately road running.  It will be good to switch it up and sandwich a trail run in between several road races and PR attempts. 

I find it a bit ironic that training starts this week and we have a cold front that's moved in.  Freezing, or below all week long.  Tough training runs makes for awesome race days right!? 

I totally took yesterday off from any kind of physical activity.  Instead I opted for an extended play date at Elya's, and took care of some paperwork before a board meeting last night.  (IRB (Internal Review Board) at MultiCare Health System.  We review and approv, or not, all the research studies they are involved in.  Going into my third year and I still find it challenging, enlightening and completely rewarding)!     

Milk Steamer Mustaches!

I'm convinced play dates are more for the mom's than the kids!  While Sky and Selah had tons of running, jumping, and dancing time...Elya and I had yummy snacks, coffee, conversation and I got lot's of baby time.  Happy campers all the way around!  
A few more Sky pics for you...



Sky loves her Nabi!!  Frankly it's one of the best things ever around here.  She is pretty great about using it for a bit and then giving it back when she's done.  She doesn't get to use it every day, but when she does it's usually because we need her to be happily calm and quiet for a bit (like clothes shopping for Mark the other day), or when she wouldn't sleep yesterday.  At least she was laying quietly in her bed for 45 min while she did number puzzles.  It's not all education stuff though, there are fun Disney and PBS Kid videos on there and Kid Pop music as well.  

Any trail runners out there?  Tell me your #1 favorite trail race!  

For the parents who read...what is your quiet time tool/trick?









No comments: