Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm Thankful for:

-An unexpected play date, and maybe, just maybe a walk to Starbucks if the rain holds off! 

-That I completed my last training run sans Elya yesterday.  I don't know why, but the two training runs I did while she was gone were miserable.  I just didn't feel good at all.  Looking forward to 6 miles with her Sunday though. 

-That the fashion police have not knocked on my door.  Between my pj's all day, sweats if I feel like dressing up, and Sky's desire to style herself we would both be hauled off!



-A visit from Grandpa and Grandma!

-Margarita's tonight with the Stroller Group!  Looking forward to some stroller free time with this group!

-Sky's arm seems to be holding up just fine...escaped the cast this time around!

-Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...it's the only way I get to take a shower and get myself ready for the day! 

-The few minutes every morning that Sky takes to wake up and venture out of her room.  Today she spent some quiet time with Violet before facing the day. 


-That every time I have reached my fit limit and feel like I'm going to loos my mind Sky completely turns it around when she says "I love you", or "I just need a hug".  I can tell when she's doing it to try and get her way, and when she actually really just needs my full love and attention.  Either way it's a good reminder to take a breath and handle the situation with love rather than anger...and that doesn't mean she gets what she want.  It does mean she goes to her room or time out with a hug and a kiss. 

-For some interesting and potentially exciting distractions.  It seems it's time to clean up, clean out and maybe, just maybe move on to something a little bigger.  I'll share more when there is more to share.  Mark and I are fine by the way, not a commentary on our relationship in the least.

-For finalizing an unexpected birthday trip.  I was all set to kind of skip over any effort for my birthday, sometimes it's easier to just let it slip by with little fan fare, but thanks to good friends finding a killer deal on a vacation rental we get a little trip to the OR coast!  I won't be able to celebrate too much since it's the weekend before Whidbey Island 1/2, but it's still going to be a lot of fun! 

-Yummy food I've been enjoying! 

Build your own salad!  Maybe I have finally perfected the perfectly golden brown chicken?!  Costco's Coconut Curry sauce with chicken added to it, over rice make a pretty great quick dinner!

-For a happy health child and a happy healthy life!  

Let's change it up a bit...tell me one food you are thankful for today! 

No comments: