Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm Thankful For:

-Enjoying a date night/early V-Day dinner/Michelle's B-Day dinner all in one.  One of the many adjustments made to make being a SAHM work, we combine as many occasions as possible to cut down on the expense! 

 Still making me laugh after 14 years!

The sushi roll we ordered, we also had a huge boat full of the most amazing sashimi!

-That Sky's sleep over, while we were enjoying the above meal, went really well.  Grammy said she did great, went to bed with no problems and slept through the night!  

-That Sky has strong relationships with all her grandparents.  I have such great memories of my grandparents and it makes my heart happy to see the part each one is playing in Sky's life!

-For a new start each day.  Some days I just don't have my best mommy moments, but today is a new day and a chance to get it right, or at least do it better.  

-Sky's little heart is quick to forgive, forget, and move on.  She offers me grace when I'm at my least graceful.  

-Taking the time to clean up social media accounts and email subscriptions.  Deleting, un-following, and  unsubscribing...It's odd but being over connected on social media makes me decidedly anti-social.  I've been tracking the accounts/newsletters/posts I skim over vs the ones I take the time to read, and also tracking what gets me riled up, or tends to be complaining/negative the majority of the time.  If I didn't look forward to reading something, and if the content tended to make me frustrated or irritated then I got rid of it! 

-Test running new shoes!  I'm still 100% committed to my love affair with the Boost line from adidas, but it's nice to be able to test run other shoes, and re-confirm I'm in the right shoe!  Tuesday night I tested out another brand and they were ok, but not for me.  Michelle even commented that they changed my stride so much that she didn't recognize me.  It was a bit distracting actually, but now I know what those shoes are about.  I was so happy to get back to the store and put my feet back in their happy place!  Boost for life!!!   

-St. P Day race outfit is complete.  I'll share pics later.  

What are two things you are thankful for today? 

No comments: