Tuesday, March 25, 2014

adidas Energy Boost 2...In The House!

Ok, well not in my house, yet anyway.  But, I see a pair of these in my near future...all the long runs and races on the calendar are starting to add up!  

Remember the pub run from a few weeks ago...


I got to test out the Energy Boost 2 (EB2), and it was actually kind of perfect, because I ran in my Energy Boost shoes for 4 miles prior to switching to the EB2 for 4 miles.  So I got a first foot experience of the differences between the two shoes, and let me say every single change made (there weren't many) is perfect!

 adidas Energy Boost 2 in Vivid Berry...I LOVE this color!

The number one thing I noticed right off the bat was the thermoplastic polyurethane cage in the mid-foot (it's the part with the stripes on the side's of the foot).  The term cage makes it seem rigid and hard, but it's not.  While it's more firm than the original Energy Boost, it's not hard or rigid.  It really just hugs your foot, without squeezing it, for a more secure confident fit.  There is also a heel clip (the back of the shoe where you see "energy boost" printed) of the same material that allows for a better individual fit through the heel of the shoe.      

The second thing I noticed was the tongue of the shoe is a little more cushioned, which it really nice for me actually.  The veins on the top of my foot pop out and are like raging rivers, so the lightest pressure makes my toes and top of my foot numb.  I noticed the cushioned tongue took all the pressure off those veins.  Even though I lace my shoes so loose I may as well not have laces at all those darn veins still tend to bother me a bit, but not in the EB2.

 Elya and I in the Vivid Berry EB2 and Collin in the mens EB2.

It's also a wider fit through the part of the foot just past the top lace.  I love how snug the Energy Boost was, so wasn't sure I'd like having a little more room in the EB2, but I actually really loved the fit.  It's even more perfect than the Energy Boost, and I didn't think that was even possible!  
Elya, Tim with adidas, and apparently drinking and running makes me look sleepy!

Once us runners find a shoe we like it tends to give us a little heart burn when we find out changes are being made to our favorite shoe.  It took me 3 years of running to find a shoe that didn't cause horrendous blisters and leave my hips, knees, and and ankles hurting.  So, I was a little scared, and even contemplated buying all the original Energy Boost shoes I could find just in case I didn't love the new EB2.  

adidas did a great job of upgrading an already pretty amazing shoe while staying true to what we love about the shoe.  I have zero stress over making the switch to the new model when the time comes.  For more information about the Energy Boost line and more technical info about the changes to the Energy Boost 2 visit adidas 

Thank you Tim for hosting another fun Pub Run, and for bringing shoes for us to test out!  

Disclaimer - no one asked me to review or post about the EB2.  Not adidas, not Tim, not Fleet Feet.  As always I'm reviewing and sharing a product I love because I love it!  All opinions are 100% mine! 

--------

What's your go too running shoe?  

Any one else tried any of the shoes from adidas energy boost line?





 

No comments: