Friday, March 14, 2014

Pub Run Friday!

Honestly I think every Friday should end with a pub run!  I'm so excited for some fun and beer tonight with adidas! 

It's kind of a crazy running day.  Elya and I need 11 miles for our long run this weekend, but I'm running a 5K in the morning.  So, we are meeting early before the pub run to get 4 miles in, then running 2 miles with the group to the pub(s), and then 2 miles back to the store.  Add on the 3 I'm doing in the morning, and 3 she will run on her own/with a friend, and we will piece together 11 miles in less than 24 hours.  Not the perfect training plan, but it's better than nothing.   

Normally I don't condone pub running the night before a race, but it's St. Paddy's Day weekend, and I'm taking it easy pace wise for all of it.  This weekend's running is about having fun, sporting the outfit I put together, and kicking off the running season with Elya and Michelle!   Plus, I don't plan on drinking more than a few sips at each pub, so I won't have any issues in the am.  Smart fun is the best fun!

I found this the other day on FB and Love it!     

It's a lifestyle!

It's the #1 reason you don't see me posting about dieting, watching what I eat etc on this blog.  My personal truth is diets don't work.  It's a temporary state of being that isn't sustainable over a lifetime.  I restate that is MY PERSONAL TRUTH.  Some people find success with diets/eating plans and that is great for them. 

I don't.  I would rather have a little bit of yummy than a lot of bland.  Thankfully I don't have a problem limiting my portions (using salad plates for dinner is great!), and while I don't give in to every little craving I also don't think deprivation is mentally healthy.  Let's say I'm craving a snickers I let it go for a few days, if after 2 or 3 days I still can't stop thinking about it, then you know what I have the snickers bar and I don't feel bad about it.

Everyone has to do what works for them, this works for me.  The fact I'm maintaining my weight/clothing size for 5+ years, even though I'm getting closer and closer to 40, makes me think I have a pretty good handle on my eating and training! 

Who's running a St. P Day race this weekend?

What's your favorite beer?

No comments: