Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Rest Day's

You know how every parent has an adorable picture of their tater tot asleep in the highchair with their face in a plate of food?! 

It's silly to admit, but we don't have a picture like that of Sky, and it makes me sad.  She never, not once fell asleep in her highchair, and you know what I tried to make it happen.  I would let her stay in it even though it was nap time with food all over the try just hoping to get that one picture of her.  It's so cliche I know, but I wanted that picture! 

Well it only took almost 3 years, but she finally fell asleep during dinner...

 
...no she didn't land in a plate of food, she had already pushed it away (without taking a single bite) because she was just too tired to eat.  But, it's as close as I'm going to get to "that" picture, so I'll take it. 

Love my tired little bug. 

---------------------

I'm totally enjoying a few days of not running.  I figured after running Friday night, then a hilly Sat am 5k, and fighting off a bit of a cold, that a few days of rest would be a good idea.  I took Sunday completely off, but worked in Pilates yesterday and today. 

Back to regularly scheduled running tomorrow.  My legs appreciate the break for sure!

---------------------

How many rest days do you take a week?
However many I need/largely depends on what we have going on as a family.  Rest days don't bother me like they do a lot of runners.  I LOVE running, but I don't mind not running either. 

When's the last time you were so tired you missed a meal?
I don't think I have ever been that tired!

No comments: