Monday, April 7, 2014

Birthday Weekend Getaway

Good Monday morning to you!  I hope your week is off to an awesome start!

I'm still playing catchup from being gone over the weekend.  Laundry, laundry, laundry...weekend trips make it so much worse, but totally worth it! 

Speaking of the weekend I hope everyone had a great one! 

I got to start my weekend my favorite way...with an 8 mile run.


You can't really see it, but the Olympics are in the background, and they looked so pretty that we had to stop and get a pic.  Once the run was done, the fun began.  We purposely wanted to have the last "long" run before race day done before heading to OR.  That way we can eat and drink a bit more relaxed and not worry about how it will impact running.

The rest of the weekend was spent in Manzanita and Cannon Beach.  While the weather was on and off wind and rain, more on than off, we still had a great time and even got some beach time in! 

 If you find yourself in Cannon Beach you must stop at Bill's!  The beer was great and they had good gluten free options for Mark! 

 Can't drive through Astoria without seeing the Goonies house.  Sky has no idea why we stopped, she was just happy to hang out with the girls.  Photo credit - Michelle

Playing on the beach and the view fro the living room of the cabin.  It was so nice to be able to walk to and from the beach...no sand in the car! 
 

Singing about applesauce, Sky is really passionate about applesauce I guess.  Photo credit - Mark.

Enjoying the wind in her face!

 Kiera and Sky watched a lot of movies while waiting out the rain!

 Our room which also had a twin bed in it for Sky.
 My two favorite people!

Now it's back to real life, and getting ready to run Whidbey Island Half.  Lot's of hydration this week, paying attention to what I eat so my tummy is happy at the start line, and taking it easy on the last two runs this week. 

Looking forward to getting the first half of the year under my belt, and start getting ready for my first relay race!

Happy Monday! 





No comments: