Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Liebster Award!

Oh what fun!  I have been nominated for my first blog award by David @ http://www.captainspeedypants.com/ !

Please check out David's blog as he shares his trail running and training adventures!  I'm not much of a trail runner myself, (I'm not saying that's the only kind of running he does, but since I've been reading that's what he has posted about), regardless this road runner enjoys reading about his adventures on the trails!

Award Rules:
-Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
-Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
-Answer the 10 questions from the nominee.
-Copy and past the award to your blog.
-Nominate 10 of your favorite blogs.
-Create 10 questions for the new nominees.
-Inform them of their nomination.

Here is what David asked me:

1.  Why did you start blogging?
Well it really started as a way for me to share my life/adventures with friends and family that lived far and wide.  When I started I wasn't as much of a cook, nor was I runner, and I had zero plans to have a little one.  The blog has changed a lot over the years, and now it's a place fore me to still share my/our adventures, but to also post a zillion pictures of my tatter tot and talk about my love of running!  

2.  What is your main goal for 2014?
My main running goal is to PR all the distances I run, primarily focusing on the Half (have yet to find a road 10K, but am doing a trail 10K, so may count that is my PR, if I PR it).

3.  If you didn't have to worry about money, what would you spend your days doing? 
Making jewelry, wine tasting, reading books, working out, cooking new things every day!

4.  Do you prefer short and fast or long and slow?  (I mean running race distances, you dirty minded people).
Long and slow for sure.  So not a sprinter!

5.  Do you prefer working out in a gym or at home?
Since I don't currently have a gym membership I have to say at home.  Although I miss the cross fit and zumba classes very much!


6.  What sports, athletes, teams do you follow?
I love all sports!  But, my first true sports love is Football!  I'll watch HS, College, Pro, whatever I can find.  I have always been a Steelers fan (makes me popular in WA!), but my Dad's cousin played for them in the 70's so it's a family thing that I grew up with.  I also love college basketball and have been a Duke fan since HS.  NBA is ok, but I really only watch if the Trailblazers are playing, which they are tonight in the playoffs!  Biggest reason we even still have cable is because I just can't live without my sports!  ESPN is on a lot in this house!

Not much of an individual athlete follower...just not all that star struck by anyone famous (other than Steven Tyler...don't even get me started).



7.  Where did you grow up and what is that area known for?
Castle Rock, WA and it's known for Mt. St. Helens.


8.  Are you a dog person or cat person, and why?
100% a dog person, mostly because if house cats were big enough they would stalk us and eat us like lions.


9.  What is your favorite food?
Oh man this is a really hard one for me.  There is so much good food out there and I'm such an adventurous cook.  But, if you looked at the weekly meal plan you would find more Mexican food than anything else, so I guess I'll go with Mexican Food.  I do love Asian food though.  

10.  What makes you unique?
I actually like going to the dentist, I put apple cider or malt vinegar on my tortilla chips, I salt my apples/oranges/watermelon, I loved how brisk and curt NY was...I would be totally happy if I could go about my business and not have to have "pleasant" conversation with anyone...short quick interactions are totally my thing, I actually like running hills and crave the variation they offer...flat courses kill me, I rather despise putting on makeup and doing my hair, I'm a chronic "chain" breaker on FB/Twitter/Bloging (sorry!), I have a spreadsheet with over 300 books on it that I want to read...going to stop there before I share too much!  ;-)

Thank you again Captain Speedypants for the nomination this was fun!

Sine I really don't know who to nominate...anyone who would like to answer the following 10 questions (any or all of them) please do so in the comments, or on your own blog! 

1.  If you could go back in time and witness a single event in history, what would it be?
2.  What survival skill do you bring to the table in the event of a zombie apocalypse?
3.  What is the furthest you have traveled from home, and was it work or pleasure?
4.  How many languages do you speak and what are they?
5.  Do you sing along with the radio?
6.  All time favorite book, movie and TV show?
7.  What is your all time favorite cookbook? 
8.  If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
9.  What's the one food/dish you have never tried, but want to?
10. What is the number one most favorite race you've done and why?







No comments: